Caster's Corner - Livestreaming on Twitch

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Tom Petty - Around the Clouds

Farewell Tom Petty. I can't say I was a huge fan who knows all his songs, but two of them always resonated with me.

"I Won't Back Down" has been one of my anthems ever since I heard a cover of it (by some band I don't recall). The original is so much better.

Singing this song at karaoke with my fellow soon to be unemployed coworkers after getting laid off was remarkably cathartic.

"Learning to Fly" I shouldn't even have to explain. Yes, I realize the song can be read as being about the ennui of growing up, or maybe drugs, or all sorts of things, but when you're in flight school, finally learning to soar around the clouds, there's only one reading that's obvious.
I'll miss his voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment