Caster's Corner - Livestreaming on Twitch

Sunday, January 7, 2018

New Year, New Goals, 2018 Edition




Last year's goals.

2017's goals are done, it's time for some new targets. I actually came pretty close to some of my original objectives, at least in some areas, and now it's time to define five new goals for 2018.

1. Motorcycling - Last year's goals were to take the MSF Experienced Rider class and just ride more. I missed the class, mainly because South Dakota stopped offering the MSF curriculum and switched to something else that didn't have an equivalent, but I definitely got the ride more part in. Road trips to Minneapolis and Sioux City were good, and logging my first Iron Butt was fantastic.

For 2018 my goal is to do my first in-state Saddlesore 1000.

2. Health & Fitness - 2017's goals were to be under 200 lbs, have a consistent workout schedule, and run a 10k. Truth be told, I made pretty good progress towards all of those, but I only successfully met the 10k run.

I go into 2018 down 14 lbs from the start of 2017, but still over my 200 lb target. My regular workout schedule collapsed after I finished the 10k, so the first step is getting that back on track. Then the focus is going to be on getting in shape for my first half-marathon. The pounds ought to mostly melt off as that race target comes into focus.

3. Youtube/Twitch - Last year's goal was consistency. I didn't do so hot on that one overall, so I'll be going for the same thing this year. Three videos a week, and two decently long Twitch streams each week.

4. Writing - Much like Goal #3, consistency is the key that was missing last year. I got to write some really cool stuff, both here, and elsewhere, but to do more, I need to focus on more consistent writing.

5. Reading - Total success last year! I just wanted to finish Atlas Shrugged and read something else. I actually finished fourteen books, so this year's goal is to finish at least fifteen.

No comments:

Post a Comment