Caster's Corner - Livestreaming on Twitch

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Fifteen Years Ago...

Fifteen years ago, a younger me married the prettiest girl I'd ever dated in front of our gathered family and friends. We had no idea what the future would hold for us, but we knew we wanted to have that future together.

I've made a lot of dumb, selfish, hasty, poorly planned decisions over the years, but that was definitely not one of them. Truth be told, a less patient, godly, and forgiving woman would likely have decided at some point that years of sixty-hour work weeks was more than enough, and either forced me to make a choice I would resent, or simply dumped me for someone who actually understood the concept of "Work/Life Balance." I'm very grateful that she didn't do either of those things.

I'm pretty slow on the uptake about a lot of things, but eventually (after getting metaphorically whacked over the head with a 2x4 enough times) even I get the message. I have a life now that twenty-two-year-old me would never have dreamed of, and I couldn't be happier. I hope I have a lot more anniversaries and adventures to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment