Caster's Corner - Livestreaming on Twitch

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Around the Web: Make Sail Preview

I must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by;
And the wheel’s kick and the wind’s song and the white sail’s shaking,
And a grey mist on the sea’s face, and a grey dawn breaking.
- Sea Fever (first verse) by John Masefield
 I remember memorizing this poem for my SP101 class more than two decades ago as a college freshman. I chose it because there wasn't anything in our poetry selection options about longing for the sky, but the mariners of old always seem to be the ancient forefathers of the modern aviators. So it fit.

Rarely do I come across a game that can convey the kind of longing and loneliness that sailing or flying both answers and creates, but Make Sail comes close. Now in Steam Early Access, it's well worth taking the time to check out.

Read the full preview on Marooners' Rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment