Caster's Corner - Livestreaming on Twitch

Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Lounging Like An Admiral!

Part Two of my PAX East trip story for Airline Reporter is now up! I got the chance to explore three of American Airlines' Admiralty Lounges on my way home, and draw some value conclusions.

Sometimes you just want a quiet place to read, watch airplanes, and sip a glass of wine between flights.

A lot of the discussion over on the article has been around how regular travelers, especially those who go overseas or have the opportunity to fly on foreign carriers perceive American's lounge product as second rate. I can't argue too much, having read other articles about the big international lounges that a lot of other airlines have. But, I do feel that I should defend the Admiralty lounges a bit. For the price, they're a solid value for a traveler going through multiple layovers in a single day, offering a reasonably consistent experience, a decent drink, and a bite of food as an oasis from the typical airport craziness.

No comments:

Post a Comment