Caster's Corner - Livestreaming on Twitch

Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Flying Tigers: Shadows Over China Game Review

I really wanted to like Flying Tigers: Shadows Over China (FTSOC). There simply aren't that many good, or even mediocre flight games anymore, and those that do come out tend to (understandably) focus on the European theatre, or maybe the Pacific. For new studio ACE MADDOX to make their first game focus on the China-Burma-India theatre was a bold move, even if they did hedge their bets by putting the focus squarely on one of the most famous "volunteer" fighting groups to ever exist.

Screenshot courtesy of Ace Maddox


The game definitely delivers on the AvGeek side. They even managed to include a couple of aircraft that I'd never heard of before, and I thought I pretty much knew every WWII aircraft at this point. Surprise! Unfortunately, as my full review on Marooner's Rock covers, there were a few other issues that I wish the devs had put as much focus into.

Still, it's a solid game, and a good choice for would be console aviators. I'll have videos coming out in the following weeks as I break down the campaign missions, and the aircraft used.

No comments:

Post a Comment