Caster's Corner - Livestreaming on Twitch

Thursday, June 14, 2018

Happy One Hundredth...

My grandfather was born June 16th, 1918, and passed into eternity four and a half years ago.


A minister all of his adult life, he never really retired, just slowed down as the years took their toll on his body.
My grandfather in his early thirties.




He gave me my first jobs, and tolerated my budding interests in computers, even if he never quite got my obsession.


He gave me my first airline flight, a trip on a Southwest 737 Classic, to take me to Florida to visit the college I would ultimately attend, graduate from, and meet the woman who would become my wife and mother of my children.


The first car I ever owned was a gift from him and my grandmother. Likewise my second, which was the first family car that my wife and I ever owned together (and still own today, 135,000 miles later).


I still think about the lessons he taught me.


Happy Birthday, Papa.


I hope I’m living a life and raising your great-grandchildren in a way you’d be proud of.


I miss you.

1 comment: