Caster's Corner - Livestreaming on Twitch

Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Around The Web - Backlog Burndown #29 - The Last Mission

An old game isn't really complete for me until I write about it. That's why my most recent Backlog Burndown column featured my (probably) final thoughts on Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance.


I have a lot of mixed emotions about this series. Finishing it was exciting, because it meant I could move on to my massive Wing Commander playthrough. But it's also bittersweet, because I know there aren't any more X-Wing games, even though with seven additional movies and three long-running TV shows to work with, there really should be by now.

In truth, I'm not sure Disney and EA quite know what to do with the Star Wars gaming franchise. Oh, there's been Star Wars: Battlefront II, which has evolved into a decent game in the year since it was released, and of course Star Wars: The Old Republic is still trucking along, but that's been it for a long while. Here's hoping that 2019 will at least see the release of Star Wars Jedi: The Fallen Order

No comments:

Post a Comment