Caster's Corner - Livestreaming on Twitch

Monday, December 3, 2018

Ten Years of Extra Life: Vlog 2018-48

Back in 2008, the very first Extra Life charity fundraiser raised a few thousand dollars as a bunch of gamers, decided to help a sick little girl and defy some media stereotypes at the same time.

Ten years later, we've raised over $40 million for sick and injured kids around the world. I haven't been in every 24-hour marathon over the past ten years, but I'm proud to say that I was there for the beginning, and have been able to return as an active participant for the past three years as well.


Anyone interested in donating to Extra Life can do so here.

One of my favorite things about the charity is that they're partnered with the Children's Miracle Network hospitals, meaning that money donated stays local, it doesn't go to some random location. I fundraise for my local hospital, Sanford Children's which is where my kids would go if they were ill.

No comments:

Post a Comment